The Special Trustee Advisory Committee for the Compton Community College District (CCCD) will hold a meeting on Monday, April 15 at 6:30 p.m. in the CCCD Board Room, located in the Administration Building at 1111 E. Artesia Blvd., Compton, CA 90221. For 2013, Special Trustee Advisory Committee meetings will be conducted on the third Monday every other month unless otherwise noted. All meetings are open to the public.
The Special Trustee Advisory Committee has established its 2013 goals; they are:
* Participate in community activities and events, and bring observations to the committee meetings.
* Participate in the operation of the District at Special Trustee Advisory Committee meetings through regular attendance, open dialogue, solicitation of opinions from members of the community and presentation of ideas.
* Participate in fiscal responsibilities through the study and review of the following documents: 2011-2012 Annual Financial Audit; 2012-2013 Budget; CCCD Five-Year Budget Assumptions; CCCD Line of Credit Expenditures; and Measure CC Bond Expenditures.
* Support the partnership with the El Camino College District by the study and review of the Partnership Agreement document; Facilities Memorandum of Understanding with El Camino College District; and Accreditation reports for the El Camino College Compton Center.
* Participate in required Special Trustee Advisory Committee training, including ethics, online accreditation basics workshop, and the Brown Act.
More information on the role of the committee and a list of members may be found by visiting the District website: district.compton.edu/board_of_trustees/special-trustee/special-trustee- advisory-committee.asp.
About the Compton Community College District
Board meetings are usually held the third Tuesday of each month and are open to the public. The District is located at 1111 E. Artesia Boulevard, Compton, CA 90221.